Advice line aims
- To increase the capacity of professionals to respond to the immigration needs of vulnerable migrant women who have experienced abuse and/or are at risk of abuse
- To increase understanding amongst professionals of the rights of vulnerable migrant women who have experienced abuse and/or are at risk of abuse
- To increase the ability of professionals to signpost to immigration advisers more effectively.
Scope, availability and operation of the advice line
- The line is for the benefit of non-legal professionals and OISC registered advisers supporting vulnerable migrant women only.
- The line will be open once a fortnight, on a Friday between 10am and 12pm. Please refer to our website for further information including dates of the service.
- Rights of Women will only be able to advise on immigration matters within its specialism on VAWG issues.
Please note that the provision of immigration advice and services in a regulated activity and can only be performed by qualified persons i.e. those regulated by the Office of Services Immigration Commissioner or solicitors and barristers regulated by the Solicitor’s Regulatory Authority (SRA) and the Bar Standards Board (BSB) respectively.